** 2002-2015 - Wishing I'd never started doing this in the first place, and had a proper life instead... **

I can be contacted by email if you type 'soundhog' followed by '@gmail' and then '.com'...
I actually have a Twitter account - I don't 'say' a lot, though...

Listen to some of my mixes in one handy place : Mixcloud
Listen to some of my tracks in another place : hearthis.at
Watch my videos, don't leave any comments : YouTube
'Like this', ignore my postings, 'unlike this' : Facebook (artist page)
Spam me about your m@$hups, bitch about me when I delete you : Facebook (personal)
The proper high art stuff - The Freelance Hairdresser page : Soundcloud

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Steely Dan vs Daft Punk - old track, new video...

Another new set of visuals for something I did ages ago (2009 in this case).  The Dan's Do It Again with Daft Punk's first big hit.  Someone asked me for it a couple of weeks ago, and it got me thinking that it really should have had a promo video made at the time.  I wasn't very into doing videos then, but I'm a bit more keen now.  So I've made one.

*edit*  I note this video is blocked from 'mobile devices' on YouTube, the reason apparently being that it uses bits of some record (that I've never heard of) which uses bits of 'Do It Again', rather than for it actually using 'Do It Again'.  Go figure.  I can't change it, so if you can't view the video below, try this Vimeo link instead: 
https://vimeo.com/65081656

If the reference points pass you by on this one, you might like to quickly read up on the BBC Micro, teletext graphics and the 1982 TV series The Computer Programme.  Suffice to say, it was a right swine getting that movie into 32K of memory...  honest.




3 comments:

jjbp said...

Good stuff. Rather like it almost says in the Apple adverts, the loading sequence has been somewhat shortened.. I remember it being "turn the tape on, cross fingers it was going to load and then wander off for 5 minutes".

Anonymous said...

Awesome awesome work!

David said...

Bloody Hell, this is good!