** 2002-2015 - Wishing I'd never started doing this in the first place, and had a proper life instead... **

I can be contacted by email if you type 'soundhog' followed by '@gmail' and then '.com'...
I actually have a Twitter account - I don't 'say' a lot, though...

Listen to some of my mixes in one handy place : Mixcloud
Listen to some of my tracks in another place : hearthis.at
Watch my videos, don't leave any comments : YouTube
'Like this', ignore my postings, 'unlike this' : Facebook (artist page)
Spam me about your m@$hups, bitch about me when I delete you : Facebook (personal)
The proper high art stuff - The Freelance Hairdresser page : Soundcloud

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Whole Lotta Helter Skelter - VIDEO ALERT!!

You may have heard the track before - or at least, I hope you have - but it would seem in this day and age, if you're really going to go global with something, you need a 'pop video'.  Well, it would also seem it helps to have a stupid dance (like you're riding a horse whilst having broken arms) for the lumpen proletariat to really fall for it, but I'm not about to plumb *those* depths, thank you very much...

Some more successful people than me (i.e. nearly everyone) have professional people and companies to make videos for their tracks, which they can project behind them on large screens while they do their DJ sets.  Me?  I have to gather up material, and sit here for about ten hours, cutting and pasting and moving and removing and cutting and pasting and stretching and inverting and more cutting and pasting until my home computer starts waving a white flag out of its' 3.5" floppy drive slot.  So, around 300 edits and a couple of migraines later...



The track's still on Soundcloud, and at the moment you can download it in 320k mp3 format from there - the offer will last until the tail end of the year, when my premium membership runs out.  Don't delay, click today, etc.  Do feel free to spread this video around the internet.  I won't mind.  I doubt I'll get a billion views, but let's not be defeatist too early, eh?  Turn it up.

*update*  It's taken off a little bit after being posted on a few blogs.  Here are some of the more interesting things being said about it.  (New quotes added 10/01/13 - mostly from NME readers/followers, which says a lot...)


"That's awful " - @JackMendel4 (twitter, reply to NME posting)
"terrible" - @Mr_JosephSmith (twitter, reply to NME posting)
"and all I can say is... why? :(" - @Vero_bum (twitter, reply to NME posting)
"two rights make a wrong. Make it stop." - @LissaKW (twitter, reply to NME posting)
"why would you even mashup 2 legendary songs? just leave them as they are and enjoy yourself mashing up crappy electro songs" - Brentke (YT user)
"Crap" - SpittingMage (YT user)

"this is akin to diluting your Courvoisier with Slivo" - golem (dangerousminds.net)
"That was horrible. Just proves how much the beatles SUCK." - Brian Weinhofer (dangerousminds.net)
"Not working for me on several levels......" - Bob Valerino (dangerousminds.net) -
"Like all MaSHuPs, They're just a lazy effort of a remix!" - Robb Earl (dangerousminds.net)
"Fucking awful. Trashes two classic songs" - @Sipperana (twitter.com)
"Omits signture desceding (sic) riff from helter sketer. remix FAIL not culture. rip off. Try writing a song. cc." - @CaptDavidRyan (twitter.com)

I feel like I've finally arrived...  if you see any more good ones, do send them to me so I can post them up for posterity.

21 comments:

Ann said...

Yes! it works - excellent!

Martin said...

Friggin Mega!

Anonymous said...

One of the best I've seen or heard.

rob said...

Do not despair of the resentful sneering from your elitist critics. Excellent production values! The two songs make a perfect pair, and wonderfully blended. Bravo!

SharonB said...

If you did this the way you said, you're a fuckin' genius. To your critics......I would ask what contributions of their talent besides running their mouths have they given to the talent pool. I bet their pool says it's so shallow there is no diving allowed. I will tell them all this.

Tom Patrick said...

I am trying to share your film, after a cool and benevolent friend has done for me.
BRAVO to you...it is most excellent.
:-D

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! Great work, kick against the pricks!!!

Unknown said...

It. Is. FOCKING. GREAT.

Love how you keep the essence of both them songs.

tampen said...

Sounds like one of those "Nine months later I'm an overnight success" stories. Great work, dude.

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show that Bonzo could improve anything. :-)

ben_sH said...

Thanks, folks!

Anonymous said...

n'importe qui avec un talent musical regretterait passé les cinq minutes, il faudrait pour ce faire, le faire, plutôt que quelque chose de plus gratifiant, comme la perte d'une main dans la machinerie de ferme.

PHYLLIS said...

I freakin' LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.metafilter.com/125314/The-best-jam-that-never-happened

Anonymous said...

bravi brother!! grettings from mexicali mexico.

Martin said...

NME readers, eh?....

Ah, the good old NME:
Written by cunts, featuring(mostly) cunts and read by cunts....

Martin said...

NME readers, eh?....

Ah, the good old NME:
Written by cunts, featuring(mostly) cunts and read by cunts....

HELTERFUCKINGSKELTER said...

You're an amazing talent finally being recognised methinks. I've just "stumbled" on your god given talent by chance per say and already I'm hooked. Not bad for a boy from north Wales! You've cracked it mate. Sincerest well wishes for the future. We all shine on
cheers.

Ari Z. said...

I just discovered this last week. I can't stop listening to it. It's phenomenal, 99.9% seamless and totally organic sounding. Absolutely brilliant.

ben_sH said...

Sorry, I don't check the comments on here very often, so I'll just say thank you to everyone above. It really is appreciated. :)

NicoLaagland said...

it's great!