** 2002-2015 - Wishing I'd never started doing this in the first place, and had a proper life instead... **

I can be contacted by email if you type 'soundhog' followed by '@gmail' and then '.com'...
I actually have a Twitter account - I don't 'say' a lot, though...

Listen to some of my mixes in one handy place : Mixcloud
Listen to some of my tracks in another place : hearthis.at
Watch my videos, don't leave any comments : YouTube
'Like this', ignore my postings, 'unlike this' : Facebook (artist page)
Spam me about your m@$hups, bitch about me when I delete you : Facebook (personal)
The proper high art stuff - The Freelance Hairdresser page : Soundcloud

Sunday, January 01, 2012

NEU! NEW! NOUVEAU! : Mix90 #6 - "What Would You Do...?"


Created & released: December 2011

Tracklisting: 

Side 1:
The Assembled Multitude - Overture from 'Tommy'
The Bootles - I'll Let You Hold My Hand
The Shadows - Fourth Street
The Roulettes - Jackpot
Curley Moore & The Cool Ones - Funky Yeah
The Grumbleweeds - Never Before
Gruff Rhys - Patterns Of Power
The Ventures - Mod East
Shonen Knife - Twist Barbie (Moog Cookbook remix)
David Steel & Jesse Rae (ft. Bernie Worrell) - I Feel Liberal : Alright!
Raymond Scott - Portofino #1
Francis Monkman - Current Affairs
Loose Capacitor - Theme from 'Robin's Nest'
Munetaka Inoue & His Sharp Five - Haru No Umi

Side 2:
Van Morrison - Have A Danish
Arzachel - Queen's St. Gang (Soul Thing)
The Soft Machine - As Long As He Lies Perfectly Still
Steve Hillage - Electrick Gypsies
Honey Cone - Sunday Morning People
Rick Jones - Gulliver's Theme
Jim Ford - Dr. Handy's Dandy Candy
The Hunters - The Russian Spy & I
Roger Glover & Friends - Behind The Smile
The School - The One Who Left Me
Endaf Emlyn - Goodbye 'Cherry Lil'
Johnny Silvo - The Paper Song
Kevin Godley - To Fly Away
Jackie Lee - Theme from 'White Horses'
Ron Geesin - Mr. Peugeot's Trot
George Martin & His Orchestra - King's Road Raspberry Parade
The Monkees - Carlisle Wheeling
The Appletree Theatre - What A Way To Go
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, New Year's Eve! Party time! Wahey! Well, not at Chez Soundhog, obviously... so I've put this together for anyone else who isn't out celebrating one arbitrary number changing into another. I bet 2012's gonna be crap. Anyway...

If you've heard any of the other Mix90s, you should have an idea of what to expect. If not, I hope you'll find it an enjoyable experience. Everything in here is great, as far as I'm concerned. Well, there's one track which perhaps isn't, but I put it in anyway, just for the bloody hell of it and for the comedy value. See if you can spot it. Elsewhere there's beat, funk, psych, TV themes, a bit of prog, electronic genius, some hippy nonsense with extra hippies, library music, contractual obligation recordings, Japanese surfadelia, and bits of a 1963 birthday party in Brighton. All chosen and sequenced with a lot more care and attention than you might think, or than anyone else would smother on such a thing.  There's method in the madness, you know.


Now, you'd not rather be dancing in a fountain while drunk, would you? Eh? Oh...

3 comments:

Kevin Baker said...

This is an eclectic, no-nonsense, musical playground. Fun! Fun! Fun! And speaking of Shonen Knife, nice work (or was that you?) on the Twist Barbie remix. Apart from the Knife, I was going to ask you whether you knew about the SECOND greatest band on the planet, but then I discovered you had already included the Go! Team in your April 2010 Volume 7 mix. Anyway, cheers from America - a few of us still have a bit of musical sense over here!

Anonymous said...

The power of Mix90 #6 compels me to chase down all such mixes and tell my (very limited these days) circle about them! If it's not too bittersweet a small txt file in the vein of Mix90 #3 briefly tagging these tracks would be very welcome! Just an obnoxious request from a greedy fan, feel free to disregard! Anyhow; Cheers! Thanks for making your many tracks available for download!

ben_sH said...

Thanks Kevin, and Mr./Mrs. Anon! I know all about small circles, trust me! I had every intention of doing the .txt files for the other mixes (including 6) but all that typing just got the better of me in the end. I keep trying to make another one of these mixes, but it's proving to be very "hard work". Anyway, ta for the nice words.